Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Jiggles like J-E-L-L-O

So I'm crazy. Well duh! But mostly because I did some crazy stuff after work. Crazy you say? Crazy man, crazy. I mowed the lawn, brushed the dogs coat and ran. Ran? Yeah ran? For the first time in a year and a half that I've lived in this house I went to run in the local park. Just once around and back and forth to my house which is like a block and a half.
So here are things to know about me running.
1. I'm the daughter of a runner, daughter of someone who shows his daughter no attention. Do the math. I ran for 5 years, 8th to 12th grade. I joined XC in 9th grade. Quit cause I couldn't run past 4 miles, was convinced to rejoin and continued to run for 4 years.
2. I joined to have other's than my dad to run with.
3. By sophomore I wanted to either run alone or run with Kelly the blind runner.
4. I also discovered school distances were too short the longer I ran the better, always at the same speed. 10 minute mile. 8.5-9 minute mile for races.
5. I'd rather zone out and listen to music than idjuts.
6. I wasn't ever good. I thought I was freshman year but that's cause there were enough girls for me to know I really wasn't good. It was my favorite year of XC and the only year I was of any importance to the team.
8. Sophomore year I hurt myself when I ditched an off school day to go roller skating with my friend I grew up with who later joined the team and became a bit testy.
9. I put too much pressure on my left leg cause I skate mostly with my right leg. I then got a siatic nerve pain which still hurts.
10. I wore orthotics the whole time I ran.
11. I tossed them last year when I discovered them chewed up.
12. Therefore I look like Phoebe when I run. Or like a duck. My right foot is almost fully turned out.
13. I won't be buying new orthotics. Those bitches are expensive.
14. even with orthotics I ran poorly.
15. And jiggly.
16. It was really embarrassing running past the boys xc team,football with crush Brown on it, or baseball with crush pitcher dude on it not to mention upper classmen.
17. It was also embarrassing running past the marching band. Seriously.. I know, sad... right?
18. I was the only girl who was over a buck 15 and under 150 it seemed. My mom weight 100 lbs when she got married. I call that 6th grade. The rest of the girls my size were playing field hockey.

I tried to run when I moved to MO but couldn't keep it together because it's a weird season here compared to PA. The humidity and cold folks... no subtle change... Today was really nice though.

So things I noticed during the run:
1. My knee hurt from moving and home repair.
2. My ass is a separate entity. Its pretty impressive because the distance from my ass to my thighs has no dip.. It's a smooth flat area with nice cellutlite dimples another words I pretty much have no ass. Or its a flat large surface.
3. I still run at one speed. I always was the last runner and worked my way up in running. Slow and steadyor just slow.
4. Cats rubbing themselves on your after you run, nasty, just nasty.

My music for my run included:
1. Boogie Wonderland - Earth wind and fire
2. Heathcliff theme song from last night's download of old tv theme songs.
3. Mama's room - Heaven's Full -from Duane ..i love it!
4. Scandal Walk - George Gershwin
5. Got to give it up - Marvin Gaye
6. I feel the earth move under my feet- Carol king
Running with your own fun set of songs and no need to fast forward through a tape or flip channels rocks like a boulder. Also, I'd like to state how much showering twice in a day sucks...but I can't not shower in the a.m. and i stink now...Crazy me signing out, if I you don't hear from me tomorrow, chances are I died in my sleep from exercise.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I'm up to 5000 songs and it takes you to remind me of one that I hadn't played since I downloaded it.

Who does that song remind you of? I can't seem to connect the dots and it's making me nuts

11:06 PM  
Blogger Justin24601 said...

I hate it, but I would love to get into it.... wanna run sometime?

12:19 AM  
Blogger Crafty and Crap said...

D. I hate to say it but its sorta a catchier Matchbox 20 sound....
I also like Boomberklaad...go figure!

J. I'm sorta a solo runner.... I have to zone out completely and have music or I can't do it.. sorry!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home