Monday, November 02, 2009

The mystery gift has arrived.

While Mom said she hadn't done it in 20 years she meant ever... She made us an origami bouquet. She actually made a flower that I couldn't get to work for shit when I made my flowers for my wedding. Pretty impressive that she did it, a bit odd since our wedding had all handmade paper flowers but she wanted to give us a paper gift to fit with traditions. She and my dad always celebrated anniversaries with the other couples in our family including both sets of parents. I see it as odd but she finds it normal.
So here is the flowers and the note she attached to the gift. Also appreciate the wallpaper behind the flowers, yep, thats our living room and dining room.

Things I have learned from this present:

  1. Plan a year in advance if you want to be creative.
  2. When trying to understand origami instructions, my IQ drops to about 50.
  3. It takes 5 hours to do what the guy in the video does in 5 minutes.
  4. I live Murphy’s law so why did I think I could print your names and anniversary date on the right part of the paper?
  5. expensive orgami paper is wrapping paper. I should have figured that out before opening the packages. LOL
  6. Next year a card will be sufficient.
After she found out I tried to make those flowers she wrote...."I am so glad I didn't know you were trying to make those flowers. You might have thought I was mocking you. It is not easy making a hand made gift for Mrs. Creative." The art of mockery must be unknown to me... I don't believe I've learned the laws of origami mockery... woosa... I will make fun of you with a paper monkey, one up you with a paper giraffe and put the smack down with a paper turtle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Wow, I'm pleasantly suprised, and dissapointed in a way. Those are really pretty. I can't do origami myself, I find it hard. I totally can't make fun of that.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home