Tuesday, October 20, 2009

email from mom

Email Title:How was you annivesary dinner.
Email Subject: I purposely didn't call because Boo told me you were going out.

are you f-ing kidding me.. why in all that is holy would my mom call me on my anniversary to ask about said anniversary evening... I didn't marry her. This is also the woman I keep tweeting about that is making some mysterious gift that must be for our anniversary that is of some craft she hasn't done in 20 years and she wanted to know my living room and bedroom colors. Our options are, latch hook rug, crochet, stained glass, cross stitch. I am frightened. I'm hoping she starts doing stained glass again and gives us the owls she uses to make but alas, i don't see why it is only good for anniversary and not other holidays since she said it will be delayed due to technical difficulty but cannot be given for a holiday. If there is a heart involved i might mother fucking die.. like a cross stitch heart or a crochet heart.. People! My mother wearing yellow crocks to work! I can't handle the suspense of her getting crafty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

Hmmmm, this is very mysterious. I hope that thing doesn't have hearts on it - I hate hearts.

Happy Anniversary!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

perhaps it will include country ducks or geese with big blue bows?

last year for xmas, my mother gave me a lovely through with one of those delightful poems about how i'm her daughter. when she gave it to me, she actually said, i know you won't like this, but i did and you are my daughter. WTF? are you serious? it's in it's original box under my bed. it will never be cold enough for me to get that out.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i meant throw.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home