Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Its the most Rosh Hashanah time of the year...

Yeah I'm singing Xmas melodies to Rosh Hashanah words. I also want a hippopotamus for hannukah. I current have the below song stuck in my head (also see attached video for melody and the most unhappy leather jacket little girl). I really love the high holidays. They are a great time for reflection and inner peace. I feel the weather change and I get goosebumps all over. I think of going for a walk after services with Buby and it was sorta a day for mom, me and bub. Dad is usually at work and we just spend the day together. Usually outside in the good weather. Its definitely gotten downplayed over the years, going from nice dresses and china to bbq turkey on the porch. I'll be heading to PA for both high holidays this year. I stopped going because my focus had changed from the holiday and the reflection to taking care of my elders and trying not to kill my mother. Its going to be a sad year but hopefully my presence will help mom and I won't kill her too much :P She forgets that others have been affected by losing buby. I think of her every day.. which is more than I think about any other person.

Still wish I had a furry animal with me in PA but oh well.. Its at least when i get the most uninterrupted sleep and pretty much zonk out since i have no responsibilities of home care etc.

Torah torah torah
Torah torah torah
Torah tziva lanu Moshe
Torah torah, Torah torah
Torah tziva lanu Moshe

Morasha k'hilat Yaacov
Morasha k'hilat Yaacov
Morasha k'hilat Yaacov
Torah tziva lanu Moshe


1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

That could have been me if I hadn't been born to Catholics! In fact, that could have been me testing out other religions because I thought mine was bunk!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home