Monday, August 16, 2010

26 lbs 4 oz

Thats how much I've harvested and yet I consider this year a pretty big failure. I have had two cucumbers in the beginning and then the plants died. No zuchs, no raspberries, barely any beans, no peas, a few peppers that blew. I have had 3 mini potatos cause those failed too, some eggplants, decorative squash, a pumpkin and tomatos. A success would be having given away more than one tomato to a vegetarian who lives on air. I'm letting my beets still grow but I'm pretty sure these are just little rocks with leaves. Watermelon died, canteloupe died, and yet I found a mini canteloupe where i didn't plant one. I did plant some fancy pumpkins a few weeks back and some of those appear to be coming along well.
Next year I need to level my garden, too much run off. Plant things away from the wall of my house which is reflecting heat. Have patience. That last one may be a life goal. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous KBO said...

Dude, my garden was a relative failure, too. Too hot, and too damn hot to go weed and properly care for things. Sad face.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

But it was a damn good tomato!

10:07 AM  
Blogger angela said...

my new motto is 'there's always next year!' (or this fall ;)

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home