Thursday, November 12, 2009

if a woman falls over wearing heels, that’s embarrassing. But if a bloke falls over wearing heels, you have to kill yourself

There is only one musical act I've seen more than once, granted their tickets are 12 bucks so its never very hard on the wallet. They'd be the asylum street spankers. I'd say I've seen them 3-4 times. There are not many concerts I want to see a first time nor a second or third. I would love to see Scissors Sisters a second time, perhaps Bowie cause dude, its Bowie but otherwise I can barely remember who I have seen on stage.
This January I will not only see someone on stage again, I'll see the same stand up routine I saw in Chicago, Eddie Izzard. I'm sure nothing is ever the same twice but when we found out he was coming to the Fox it was time to buck up the dough for some tickets to see him. I even asked a coworker who in the end decided to be a responsible dad and not spend his money friviously, bah, I am without children and the amount of water that has flown through my house this week has been crazy but damn it, its time for a running, jumping, tree climbing, make up wearing transevestite. So woo! we have tickets to see Eddie. This time will be even better because it won't involve a 6 hour car ride each way, a shitty smoke smelling hotel room, and an ikea that steals my soul like walmart but with way trendier, cuter items and way more yuppies with baby bjorns. I was a little out of my element in the city...I'm a st. Louis city gal, totally different than places like chicago or new york so I hope to be more relaxed on the 9th. I don't know if it was the content or the trip but I wasn't that stoked about the show last time I saw it but hell if i won't give it another try, did it with coffee, did it with sex, I can do it with Eddie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica the Author said...

Cake or death?

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home