Monday, November 17, 2008

Pst....i have a secret

Boo is knitting. Not only that, he announced it to his guy friends last night and bragged about it. He has nervous hands when he watches movies. They need something to do instead of picking cuticles so now they knit. He's been doing darn well too... Lots of mistakes last night when he worked on it..perhaps he's hitting that "this project isn't done yet" point but he has about 6 inches of fingerless mit done. Oh yeah, and I started him off on a sport weight project....i'm a little cruel...I could have given him bulkier yarn but i had the yarn and it fit the look of the cousin he is knitting for.
He asked me if i wanted to knit for his family for Xmas and I said no, you can. Personally I've knit 5 projects for his family and aside from a day of one cousin using her fetchings I have not gotten positive reviews.. This cousin he is knitting for seems to be more into it. She checks out my fingerless gloves each time I go there as well as the fetchings I gave the other cousin and just whatever I'm knitting when I'm up there.
So yeah, I've got a knitting buddy. It impedes on my knitting a bit when I have to stop for "fuck, i messed up" moment but hey, i can deal, its still faster than if i had to knit it himself...now, to get him to knit for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger maitai said...

hah, that's awesome! go Boo! saves you the trouble of having to knit for his family :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger wheelinsticks said...

That is so cool!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home