Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Election Day

I'd say I'm not a patriotic person. I pretty much stand on the "we won't ever been 100% happy with anyone" box. I'm never hugely passionate about anyone or anything in general. I'm not a fan of Cleatus running the country right now but I have to say, I'm feeling sappy today. I'm all emotional over the campaign and how much people have really gotten in it. Perhaps its my age and I can't remember previous elections that well but it seems like is a huge feeling of uplift going on and thats awesome. No one will be perfect but its does seem like we are really feeling a lot of positive energy. Hell, I keep feeling every song on the radio is played to get us moving about the election. I'm telling you, total sap. And i screams a woohoo as gas is 1.99 across from my work. Tomorrow probably will go up 50 cents but it was nice to see.
Below are some pics on my ride down my road going back to work after voting. Yeah, i'm even wearing red, white and blue today right down to my underoos.

2 Comments:

Blogger maitai said...

i have to agree. seeing other people get so into it has gotten me fired up. so much so, that i'm shedding tears! very unusual for me, as i have been told repeatedly that i have no heart (seriously?).

but seriously, $1.99 for gas?!?!? unreal.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While it's great to see participation at an all-time high, I can't stop thinking that getting emotionally invested in politicians is a bad thing. How can one make a rational decision about something that important?

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home