Friday, March 06, 2009

Plans for the weekend

It will be windy but warm tomorrow so I plan to garden like a mother fucker. Check our Kelli and myself in this month's Toasted Rav. Our illict seed swapping at the string shop with our canines was hilarious...Neither knew dogs would be with either. But they made out fine and Asher showed up all he had :P Anyway back to tomorrow, I got my two new planters that need to be assembled as well as 3 potato buckets. Boo and I will go asian food shopping and pick up compost at Heman park. It won't be enough but it will be a start. Actually if I get one full enough with the soils etc. I will toss some lettuce in there. My coworker's daughter plants her lettuce and snap peas in February and gets a nice early and yummy harvest.
I also have seeds to start for the 4 weeks out round. While I don't think I'll plant in the beginning of April I'm still starting my seeds as if I would be.
I also hope to finish my new towel organizer. Painting at least and also remove paint from clothes because we can be careful but we are me, klutzy. I'd like to built a custom drawer for a small shelf it has but that would require some supplies that I don't have in the house at this second. Nothing too fancy, just a temporary type 3 inch high bin possibly made of gator board, duct tape, and fabric. A this and that sorta drawer. Perhaps I will be able to come up with something. Cleaning the basement always finds interesting goodies.
I also plan to finish the second piece of the mystery blanket project. Its so easy and looking oh so fine.
There is so much one could do but when we get a peek of nice weather all I want is to be outside. Once that hits the wall then perhaps I'll have a pile of chores and fun done in the house. You gotta enjoy the outside nice weather when you can.
I have some test knits out there so I really ought to dye more yarn in those colors but I still have to skein them up and that would not be an outside activity. Self striping yarn takes a bit of time too. I also need to stop by string shop and photograph said samples. Miss Kara did an awesome job with Zoot Skips to the Groove if I do say so myself.
Off now to do stuff and things. I already had a happy hour with work, ate dinner with friend.. now to save the cheerleader and I'll be set for a full evening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how that article changed how they spelled your name about halfway through.

8:46 AM  
Blogger 7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

If you didn't get a good sock photo, you're welcome to borrow them back. They're still clean & unworn :)

I gave you an award on my blog.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home