Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Crafty Plea....

So, I'm dumb, and didn't think of how to keep our chuppah up til now..I knew it was an issue i just didn't have a solution. This weekend i came up with an answer I have an umbrella, citronella post holder from walmart...can I find more? No. Can I find 4 reasonable priced umbrella stands, no..
I need crafty advice.....
I have a gorgeous knit chuppah that we are going to line with beady vines... but I need it to stay in air without anyone holding it...I need to figure out poles, and how to connect said chuppah to poles.. Our Groomsman B&J (ha!)... keep asking if they can do anything... wonder if they can make me 4 phallic poles for our wedding...
.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These instructions seem pretty sensible, and the way the dowels fit into the pvc pipe, it can be placed already or carried down the aisle. http://www.do-it-yourself-weddings.com/wedding-chuppah.html

3:49 PM  
Blogger daiva e said...

Have you looked at various poles in the garden centers? You could get crafty and wrap them in ribbons or something and they're usually pretty in expensive...

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

You might want to check out getting some wooden curtain rods from BB&B. The place where we got married actually had chuppah poles from another Jewish wedding, so we lucked out.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home