Monday, September 01, 2008

What i did on my summer vacation..

I bought a new power cord cause my current one has to be held to work... sort of a problem with the whole blogging thing. Onto the pictures...I have a rainforest of plants... and i did cut stuff back....

I grew green beans on a vine. Not as good as bush beans. They seem tougher.

Rogue decorative squash from last year showed up.



I planted fall squash last weekend from seeds...already popped up.. sweet!

second round of green beans planted last Saturday

Cucumbers...We ate two today and I've had a bout a dozen in the last few weeks.

They even snuck through my fence into Boo's parking spot...

I bought discount bedding plants from bayers. lots of water and they are flourishing.


I experimented with planting locations and tried peppers and greenbeans in my driveway between the houses.

I grew basil from seeds..

You can't see so well but this is my pepper/cherry tomato solid plant wall... or at least it seems it. I pick about a dozen cherries a day during the work week and then eat them at work...

I also decided to take a swing at digiscrapping. I finally saw layouts that I liked and bought some kits that I liked the quality of.

I also learned to crochet amigurumi which i cannot pronounce. See Simon and lamb below.. I hear it looks like a dirty alien.

I also bough the coolest most desired labyrinth knocker....I'd been wanting one for a year or two and found a sweet deal on ebay. :)
This is the one that says "What no good, can't hear you, mindy is a dork"

I also applied for the rock and roll crafty show, started knitting my first sweater and am finishing up my wedding shawl. I have no witty end to this post... I have to go hold the adapter in or i'll lose power in 5...4...3..2....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garden looks beast. Labyrinth door knocker is even more awesome. This post makes you look like possibly the most productive person I know.

9:19 AM  
Blogger daiva e said...

Cool digi layout. Have you looked at this place? http://www.rakscraps.com/index.php They have big freebies once a month.

Your garden puts mine to shame. My tomatoes finally started ripening up - I was beginning to think they'd be green until the freeze. :-P

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home