Sunday, June 03, 2007

Yarn Cake - Wedding Cake

So in knitting when you wind up yarns you call them cakes of yarn. I decided I wanted to make Nicole a knitting wedding gift.While making Nicole hand dyed yarn in her wedding colors (one in girl colors called Nicole and one in boy colors called Rich) I came up with the brilliant idea that since she didn't have a yarn winder that I'd wind it for her... Then I thought hey, wedding cake. So I made her cakes of yarn and put them together with two sets of size two needles...get it, 2's ... I took some row counters to make "cans" and a just married sign on the back. I turned them to '07 since they are being married then. I scanned her wedding invite and used the pattern and matched the font since I have my graphic design goddessness font identifying skills. I added two samples of soap and two sets of stitch markers in the wedding colors. Seriously, so cute I could puke..It was really fun and I'm really happy for her getting married. Knowing what a bitter gal I can be that says a lot. Good luck Nicole and Rich!! and Scout cause you know dogs count too.










5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it. What a clever idea!

Hugs!!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That completely rocks!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh so clever! Best wedding gift ever, and sometimes I'm pretty bitter myself!

8:22 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Thanks again Mindy! This present totally made my day. :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

How darn cute is that??? I am so very impressed!

Ann

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home