Monday, April 23, 2007

Call me MacGyver

So I wound yarn this weekend... you would assume I'd have the right tools..nope... my winder thinger was missing a clamp attachment and a tension stick... my skills replaced the tension with a bbq skewer all bent and fixed the clamp issue with a knife and my own clamp. I also don't own a swift...


Well after seeing the most awesome swift ever on the internet i broke out my legos and made my own..



Wait my own legos.. yes and I'd have more if it wasn't for that who being an adult thing..



The set it up isn't perfect, the winder needs some practice on the right height for the skewer but it works.....it just needs some adjustments.

So i dyed yarn... I did two varigated ones that i just want for the heck of it and then I decided to do what I initially aimed for... making striped yarn..
I call this one Miss Piggy... Its not a solid color for each stripe but i like it....


Also being the neat girl I am I made stitch markers too



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your Miss Piggy yarn!

2:08 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Your yarn looks great! And I am seriously admiring your MacGyver-style lego swift. I think that needs to be broadcast to the world.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scared of you having your OWN legos

2:41 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I am so impressed with your lego knitting swift..there has to be some sort of special award for that online..somewhere..someplace.

Off to click my ruby red slippers together and find that beautiful world.

:o)

Ann

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The swift is AWESOME! Good for you!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Roni JJ said...

You rock woman!! Your swift is really cool ~ I can set you up with more lego's ~ Bob will share - LOL!!

Rock on chickie!!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home