Friday, September 21, 2007

Lets get ready to be crafty....

Alright folks, its time to play the crafty finished objects game. You know how we play. I show pictures and tell you about them and then you ooh and ahh....
First Up
Monkey sock #1 in Sundara Yarn. Still need to start #2



Second up my Tallis. I finished it right before Rosh Hashanah and want to redo the "friendship bracelets" as Kara calls them.
I fused the pieces on and did the dying and knots myself. Probably cost me about 30 to make. Usually they retail for $200 and up..I have to sew it apparently, the fusing isn't staying..... I really don't want to mess it up though, i'm not the best sew-er.


Third, Circular Needle Holder. Need to reline it with cool colored duct tape. Very fun to make and easy. I crochet the chain and used a button from Buby's collection for the clasp. I totally am making one for the wife... She just has to provide fabric and we are on the lookout for black duct tape.




Finally Hedera... Hedera made in Claudia's handpaints in Butterpecan. # 2 is on the needles already.Started on 9/8 finished 9/16 I didn't pull it on totally but the heel does fit nicely like my monkey socks. Also Super easy pattern.


I also have some cool needle holders not to be shown yet and a so called scarf I frogged... I also have some woolmeise that I forgot to photograph for Boo that I've knit and fantastic yarns i got in VT that have projects that need to get started.
I need to finish up these socks and get back to my winter knitting as well as start holiday knitting. I'm really enjoying hedera though and am trying so hard not to have too much on the needles... I'm failing miserably.
Happy Yom Kippur Yal....

5 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Rockin' socks, lady. And the prayer shawl is to die for... so crafty!

11:27 AM  
Blogger wheelinsticks said...

I love the prayer shawl. How special that you finished just in time. Now when you wear it, you can feeel even more proud for yourself and your beleifs. Cool socks, too!!

6:10 PM  
Blogger 7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

mindy--i'd be happy to help you sew your tallis if you like. It's so pretty and it would be a shame to have it fall apart after you did all that work. I need a knitting break anyway :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Crafty and Crap said...

Deborah,
I don't have your email but I'd so, so, so love that. Sure Kara says I can do it but I don't want to practice sewing straight on something that important to me. I'll remove the ties and bring it to knitting. I bought thread for it also.
Thanks so much!
Mindy

10:48 AM  
Blogger 7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

djeh_b at yahoo

I won't be at knitting on Wed. It's square dance nite. I may not be there next week either--Mothra is showing at Strange Brew. It's hard to say no to nuclear insects.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home