Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Garden Notes

My lunch today is from my garden... yum... if i was more ambitious my salad dressing would be too. Next year I want to try growing lettuce heads versus the weedy leaves. I think I've watered my lettuce for weeks to get one day's lunch worth.
My squashes are blowing monkey chucks though I have some decoratives stuff that is kicking butt however my zuchs are not doing well.. they start and then shrivel or rot...I was overwatering... I'm trying not to now...I got cocky and said i'd share my zuchs if they did well like the first year... thus they are sucking. I have a lot of squash plants that are not doing much fast but are hanging in there. They may be my pumpkin attempt.
I'm also going to try a second run of some stuff. Roni has told me peas can be late summer/fall grown. I had peppers my first year. This year's didn't take but the hot ones did which I don't eat. I wish you could grow fruit like veggies. Blueberries and rasberries would rock my world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grilled zucchini kicks ass, by the way.

Split lengthwise and brush with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, oregano, and maybe
some garlic powder. 4-6 minutes a side on high, give it a quarter rotation on the grates after a few minutes to get nice grill marks.

Highly recommended.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home