Monday, July 31, 2006

7 years

Boo and I are hitting 7 years... 7 flipping years. Granted after 3-4 we started over because he left his job, was unemployed and doing nothing about it and then went off to school or was in the process of it...
His best friend is getting married.... I'm sorry i should be happy for them but I'm sort embarassed as hell that we can't at least be engaged with an undetermined date. We talk about a house and moving to austin etc... remember when folks got married first....
He waits too long for every important moment til its like, oh yeah, i love you too... whatever... wanna move in together, duh we already live next to each other. I know he's planning on asking me to marry him after he graduates... fuck man... Lets do some math...thats 2 years away, plus a year before said "happy event" Christ... Frankly I like the idea of engagement with no immediate pressure of planning.
Of course there is also my side of it making sure he has his shit together. Like that he gets a job and keeps it cause I don't want to give up my good deal for him to be happy for 6 months and then wanna move on cause he doesn't have enough vacation time to see his family and shit. Noone has enough vacation days. I'd personally like 365 but that aint happening.
I'm probably only giving a shit cause i know 2-3 other folks together for a hell of a lot less than us getting married. He's best man for one and I just saw their xanga site for keeping track of shit. I hated that I had to email him and say, yo, fucker you better be keeping a better eye on this site as the best man than your email which sat for 4 days saying "hey tornados are gone and I'm fine, thanks for asking" Oooh I know... we can get married on our 10th anniversary.... We started dating a week before my 21st birthday.
Excuse me and my womaness....it creeps up at times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....the only thing you can be sure of is...he's not going to change.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Crafty and Crap said...

Bitter?
Whats he not gonna change...his furthering himself to support us better and make himself happy. Not checking his email enough, I should so leave him for that. Waiting way long for the important steps...at least he still gets there and doesn't stop me still caring for him, its just less pizzazz.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you love someone, you love them warts and all.

That's the beauty of real love... It's unconditional.

Speaking as a quirky man that is VERY hard to live with. We need you amazing women to make us better men.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I have a friend in a similar situation. Personally, I think it's best to be out of school and have you crap together before getting married. Weddings make people crazy, or crazier than they were already, so it's best to have some sort of stability in one's life before jumping into the whole wedding/marriage business, or else it can be a bit too overwhelming for some people. Just my two cents.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home