Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bedlam in the County


So unlike the rest of the STL I have power and internet at home. Didn't have internet earlier but who cares, it will be there eventually. I moseyed on into work while contemplating a monkey see monkey do but only the fun stuff issue I was having. Completely clueless to the rest of the world, I found that the power was out for the lights. I give major props to the city of STL who didn't freak out at the light on Jamison and 44. There were no stop signs or anything but it was all smooth sailing. When i crossed over into the world of Webster/Shrewsbery it was all bedlam. Our very complicated lives were so put out by the power outages. I couldn't find people to let me take a left hand turn into my work. Please, its going to be a slow travel down BB Blvd so don't be bitchy and not let the Honda turn into work.
I got to work to find that the power was out. I cleaned my area and then proceeded to knit. The bosses say we can make up the time we miss today next week. Bullshit. I came to work, not my fault the power is out. Yes I had some office stuff to do but lets face it, its a digital world and thats where my work lies. Bill our time to insurance cause I'm not making up my time.
As traffic settled down I headed home. I was very pleased to see that the small hut's worth of branches I had stacked on the curb this morning had already been collected.
So now I'm home, I'm relaxing, I've got a bit of sinus issues and think I may take a nap. After that perhaps I'll get some chores done bathroom is messy, toilet hideous, dusting to be done and the dishwasher needs emptying.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin24601 said...

WAHHHHHHH!

I'm hot.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home