Monday, June 19, 2006

way past my knowledge


So I update the work website and make little tweeks. Well now have a menu that lists projects we have worked on and the boss had me add more than its set up to take so formatting is all funked up. I can't figure for the life of me where the thing is set up because its all that crazy java talk and such. Its also the same for our employee section. I figure if I could find where its located and lower the padding I can keep everything at the same size which would be really convienent but I can't figure it out to save my life. I've fudged the project site by adding a space under the picture next to the list so that they increase the template but for the people I can't do that.
Are you still following me... yeah...didn't think so... Basically I think I need to find where this little stupid piece of the page is, lower the padding and call it a day. I can't find the little part of the page....
I don't know what programming i need to learn. Dang the days past html basics with one long ass page with everything centered.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have NO IDEA what you need to do to fix that. :)

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you fix this yet? The page looks ok in Firefox/Mac (although the teal box is a bit out of sync with the border padding on the other pages), but there is an error in it. The link in the left sidebar to "announcements" has a beginning paragraph (<p>) tag, but no ending one. As none of the other sidebar links are encased in paragraph tags, I'd suggest removing that one. Running the validator in Dreamweaver (if you're using it), or the online one at http://validator.w3.org/ will save you a lot of grief.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Crafty and Crap said...

I was almost creeped out Chris....cause ya know, i didn't show any work details here. I'm using frontpage unfortunately. I'm like their free/cheapo website editor who uses what she's got to edits someone elses work.
I managed to change teal boxes them enough that there isn't overlap but instead being out of sync with the borders but I don't know how to change the teal box sized padding so that I could fit all the info within the previous used size box.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? I re-read that last [run-on] sentence a few times and it still doesn't make sense.

Frontpage... ick. Given the choice, I'd use Notepad over that. Anyhow, I was looking closer at the html and I think I found a fix for you. Email me at chrismc (at) ozarkmountain.net...

At one time long ago (many blogs ago), you had linked to your employer and I remembered reading their website at that time (it stuck in my head b/c my GF also went to KSU arch school). I couldn't remember who they were, but Google-ing your name helped me out to find the site. Nothing creepy, I promise. Now if you'd just quite blog-hopping... ;)

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home