Tuesday, June 27, 2006

So how did you meet your girlfriend?

Wait, what, thats not funny. Okay so mom wanted to know how i met Kara...on the internet. Mom is of the generation of calling female friends girlfriends. Lady, get hip witht he times. Girls now have girlfriends and it isn't just to shop with at the mall.
So how did you meet her, how, what group? What do you have in common? The group is called the internet. Okay so all my friends are from the internet. Itworks well for the sober, dog loving, crafty non skanks like me. So when people want to know how i met others I really hate the explaination. Mom doesn't know about blogs. Others aren't welcome to read it so i don't want to say, well I have this online diary that you can write on and others can comment on but just well, not you.
So, how do you tell people how you met others...
Well I was really drunk and I met him as I stumbled out.... We exchanged pics of our dogs and talked old school rap.....
He hooked up with my friend and then got dumped and we chatted.... He liked my crafty projects and wanted to learn some skillz .

Anyway today I welcome you to say hi. Come on out, I know you are there and so does sitemeter..... Say hi!

6 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

HI! I have a pic of my puppy I'm going to send to you soon. Confession: I once met a boyfriend on the Interent. It lasted nearly 3 years. I hated telling people that I met him on the Internet because it just sounded...desperate, I guess. But there are some cool ass people on this Internet thing-a-ma-jig. And then there are some psychos. LOTS of psychos. Not you of course, but haven't you seen those Dateline specials??

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eventually people get used to it. When I first would say "Oh yea, I met so and so online" it freaked my family and friends out. Now they just ignore me like they do with everything else :)

-rev_matt_y

11:39 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Three years ago, I met my roommate at roommates.com. Every time someone asked how we met, we were ashamed to tell them that we met online. She has since become one of my best friends and we still sheepishly laugh every time we divulge the details of our first meeting.

St. Louis is such a difficult place to make friends-- why not in the blogosphere?

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why there's this stigma attached to meeting people on the internet. It's a place where your first impression of someone is based purely on their personality, not their looks!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Crafty and Crap said...

B...well not always but in more cases, yes, its true. I actually have a lot of friends who met their husbands/wives through the internet. You get to weed through those who don't feel the same way as you but don't say so because its a you look interesting situation.
M101...I agree, it sounds desperate, its like the new classifieds but maybe that will change.. yeah their are psychos but well, they are in real life too.
A...I totally agree. STL is hard to meet people through, thats why all my friends have been met through the internet. Most are non natives also....
M...yeah people learn to ignore me alot too :) welcome!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Nobody said...

You know that I am here snooping. I love your bloggy blog.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home