Thursday, December 03, 2009

Mister Moore I presume...

I waited forever to read Christopher Moore's newest book Fool. I'm in the midst of reading it now and am at times a tad lost with characters trying to be sly while using old english, or the likes. It might just be the pre sleep reading that is the problem. None-the-less I snort when I read it and show lines to Boo who has already read it. Christopher Moore is pee your pants funny in my humble opinion. Fool is a lot more sexual than his other books but apparently that all the day of King Lear folks did.
Oddly with my love of Moore I have never read his books more than once. Might be time to give it a whirl. My favorites are Lamb (The story of Biff, BFF of Jesus) and A Dirty Job which does not have Mike Rowe in it, sadly. Boo's favorite is Fluke. I'm thinking that might be one to try again seeing as he loved it so and I barely remember it.
If you are looking for light reading Moore is the way to go, its funny and light and although there are characters that float around in other books knowing or not knowing this doesn't seem to matter. Its more of a fun, aha moment when they reappear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monica the Author said...

When I read LAMB, I would just burst out laughing at random moments, getting odd looks from everyone. I definitely need to read more of his- he's on my book list!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Thanks for posting this! I just requested it from my library! :)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home