Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Will trade crafts for dirt


So i just went to Lowes to get a lamp for my new lighting being installed on Thursday.. I found one i liked but they were out of shades so I'll buy those later when I have the funds and they have them in stock.
Its gardening time in Chez Crap and I need dirt. I hate buying it, its heavy, and its stupid, and its dirty, or peat mossy. I tried getting some peat moss down and got it all over me and said fuck it. Its heavy and messy and I'm crabby. I need to add some dirt/shtuff to my existing garden and I want to make some additional pots. I never buy enough dirt because I get tuckered out or can't stand spending the money or don't have the money. I already am planning to grow stuff in my normal flower garden area. Its got a part thats just "wild whatever grows" space and I thought my viney type of growth such as squash could go there.
But I've got some empty pavement/prime sunny real estate begging for a garden (it could actually house two of the right box) and I have the desire to plant sooooo much but so little space. I have the perfect space to build a garden box like my friend Brent did but again, funds and energy. I also got some pole beans and need to figure how what i'll have them climb. The shamelessly stolen picture does have a good idea though.
Kathy had the brilliant idea of cutting the top off of some large kitty litter containers that you can take the labels off of. I also want to make hanging planters for my peas (For which dogs and bunnies enjoy eatting) and spend no moolah. I suppose if i can get enough kitty litter containers i won't need hanging but its prime sun area and seems a waste.
Anywho, needed to rant about my love of gardening and lack of dirt and dough. Who wants to bring me dirt...i'll bring you veggies later..


1 Comments:

Blogger Ink Stained Roni said...

I'd send Eric over with a load of dirt/manure but it'd be a hell of a drive - LOL!!

Gardening sounds wonderful but man is it ever cold here...definately not gardening weather yet.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home