Friday, November 09, 2007

I feel like an incompetant fool

The dr called and tried to explain why she thinks its very important for me to have the operation. ..I think the xray showed one thing, the biopsy showed another, but what the biopsy showed is not what they saw on the xray or is in addition to it so they want to see if they can find what was on the xray...I don't get it.. She kept asking me if i got it but really, i didn't. I asked if she though she should ultrasound again and she said they put a clip in with the mamogram so they don't need to... I didn't think that made sense at all. I guess I had some dark mark (sounds so Harry Potter) on the ultrasound, they biopsied and found something that doesn't appear as a dark mark on ultrasounds so dark material is still there and they need to find to what it is I have a call into my uncle. So i have the schlerosing adenosis but there is something else there too and they need to see it to figure it out. Like the physical lump was a sign of something else going there...Just the way to start my party weekend :) I'm really f-ing pissed that I don't understand this and I don't want to blindly go into surgery. I don't really want surgery for that matter but seems like i don't have a choice. I think I do but to the dr, i don't.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like the worst friend in the world - I am sorry that I haven't been here for you! Please know that my thoughts and good wishes... and yes, even prayers... are with you...!!!

4:46 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Oh no! That SUCKS. I was looking online for some info for you, and it sounds like the adenosis is benign but it's hard to tell apart from breast cancer, which is why they want to remove it. When they remove it they can look at it in the lab and tell for sure. I'm so sorry... I'll be thinking about you.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I vote for making yourself as obnoxious as possible until someone can explain to you why you need surgery. Even if the answer is "I'm covering my ass and yours" then at least you can make an informed decision.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home